Pages

Monday, April 4, 2011

Let us sharepoint

Hi friends,
My apologies for not posting in couple of days but I have valid excuse :).Yesterday was a Hindu new year and GudhiPadwa a festival to mark same,also I joined new company.To read my poem wishing everyone happy new year click Sankalp Nave . None the less today I am gonna discuss very basic thing for those who just heard sharepoint but don't know what it is.

1. What Is SharePoint?
* Sharepoint is application software which facilitates collaboration among people and other softwares by providing various ready to use(out of the box,OOTB\OOB) templates,definitions,automated workflows and generic functionalities like announcement,blog,task,survey etc.

2. How Microsoft refers sharepoint?
*Microsoft refers it as Enterprise Collaboration Platform.

3.Why Enterpise?What is so unique about sharepoint?
*Yeah.This is my favourite question.Sharepoint is good than its other competitors because it can be configured to adhere policies,rules and guidelines of organisationwide content like documents,spreadsheets,images,slides etc.It is good candidate for governance and security of large amount of content produced or shared in enterprises.

Friends I got to go office so will catch you tomorrow.Cheers Enjoy Sharepointing and do ask Questions..

No comments:

Post a Comment